Samsung provides started again the Android 4.3 update roll out to the Galaxy S3 as well as preferably offers repaired all of the major issues of previous firmwares.
You will find a great deal of modifications and improvements in the new Android 4.3 firmware over Android 4.1.2. Samsung has totally modified the core UI to the one found on the Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 3, also the setting application has become completely renovated with a new tabbed interface. The bad news is the fact that although Samsung has changed the core UI elements, it’s continue to with the same old original Galaxy S3 launcher and widgets. Furthermore, Samsung hasn’t applied Samsung Knox however, but we may see it in future builds of Android 4.3. Samsung doesn’t provide an official change log for its updates but after testing a few internal builds and this official one, we can give you folks our own list of changes and improvements we have noticed.
Galaxy S3 Android 4.3 update Changes and Improvements
- GALAXY GEAR Support
- TRIM Support (Makes the device much faster)
- Core UI elements updated to the ones on the Galaxy S4 (Galaxy S4’s theme all over)
- New Samsung Keyboard
- GPU drivers have been updated (Higher GPU benchmark scores)
- New Lockscreen: Multiple Widgets, improved ripple effect than Android 4.1.2, ability to change clock size and set a personal message
- New Screen modes (From S4): Adapt Display and Professional Photo
- Driving mode
- Actionable notifications
- Move-to-SD-card feature
- New Camera mode : Sound and Shot
- New Additions in Notification Centre
- Completely revamped Settings UI (Tabbed interface – Exactly like the Galaxy S4)
- Implementation of Voice controls (Let’s you control various parts of the phone using voice commands – Galaxy S4 feature)
- New Samsung Apps: Calculator, Clock, Contacts, Gallery, Music
- Full screen Samsung apps
- New S-Voice (from Galaxy S4)
The brand new software update is being rolled out in phases, so it may not yet be available in your region at this time but don’t get worried it will arrive very soon. If your device is carrier branded then it normally takes sometime as the update has to get improved by the carrier first and only then Samsung will make it available for your device. For now, the new software update is only available in the United Kingdom.
To update your Galaxy S3 to the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean, connect your device to your computer and use Samsung KIES or simply use Samsung’s OTA service. To download and install the firmware via OTA, go to Settings > More > About Device > Software update > Update.