Samsung Galaxy S3 for UK getting Premium Suite Update. The Software update can be download now. User can update the device using KIES or by OTA. To update using KIES, see here.
The update brings in quite a few software features from the Galaxy Note II, most notably the Multi Window option to split the display in two and have a pair of apps running simultaneously.
It also updates the camera with stacks of new features, including an updated ‘Best Face’ group shot management tool, a “low light mode” for better gloomy performance and a wider panoramic option.
You can see the Premium Suite update video here.
Samsung Galaxy S3 Premium Suite Update Press Release
Samsung Unveils Premium Suite Upgrade for the Galaxy S3
Packed with enhanced features to provide an even more effortless and innovative experience
20th December, 2012, London, UK — Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd., today announced a Premium Suite upgrade for its flagship smartphone the Galaxy S3, further improving the experience with innovative and even more convenient features.
Samsung is committed to providing customers with the best mobile experience by continuously offering an operating system upgrade for its devices. As part of this effort, Samsung has recently provided the Jelly Bean 4.1 upgrade for the Galaxy S3, and will bring even more enhanced features to the phone through the upcoming Premium Suite upgrade. Consumers around the world have already enjoyed the elegant intelligence that the Galaxy S3 brings to their lives and the Premium Suite package takes this to a higher level.
The Samsung Galaxy S3 Premium Suite udate will include many of the innovative and productive features newly introduced by the Galaxy Note II:
Multi Window: Effortlessly utilise two different applications side-by-side simultaneously for an ultimate multitasking experience.
Fun and Easy Photo Experience:
- Through Samsung Gallery, view more photos at the same time and also intuitively create and categorise photos and videos
- Exclusive to Samsung, the Paper Artist app offers a variety of fun and creative picture-taking effects. It also provides intuitive emotional photo editing functions such as the brush coloring tool
Group Cast: With Group Cast on the Galaxy S3 and a Wi-Fi network, share and collaborate on documents, presentations or images in real-time with multiple friends or colleagues without loading the file separately. This is now a stand-alone app, rather than part of Allshare Play, making it is easier to access.
- Smart Rotation: the device detects and recognises the user’s face, automatically rotating the screen direction to adjust to the user’s face position
- Contextual Tag: tag friends/location/date to the photos/videos/voice memo taken or recorded
- Contextual Page: the device detects when the earphones are plugged in, automatically opening up the music player
Auto Share Shot Pairing using NFC: By setting the camera to ‘Auto Share Shot’ mode, quickly share photos and videos by simply tapping the Galaxy S3 with other NFC and S-Beam enabled devices.
- With the new ‘Best Face’ feature, an improved version of the previous Best Photo feature, choose from five continuous shots the best face of each person in the photo, to create an image that satisfies everyone
- Low light mode is added to allow bright and sharp photos to be captured even in dark places
- Capture amazing scenery by using Panorama mode, now expanded to 340~360-degree
Other advanced and convenient features on the Galaxy S3.
- Continuous Input: Using one continuous finger/stylus motion across the keyboard, users can type words faster and easier
- AllShare Cast: Wirelessly connect the Galaxy S3 to the television to immediately transfer smartphone content onto a larger display
- Smart Dock: TouchWiz interface allows people to adjust the phone setting to automatically switch to a relevant UI when a device is connected to the docking station
- Improved touch response: Enjoy even faster and smoother touch response on the Galaxy S3
- S Beam: By simply touching another S Beam-enabled device including Galaxy Note II and Galaxy S3mini, the Galaxy S3 allows a 1GB movie file to be shared within three minutes and a 10MB music file within two seconds, even without a Wi-Fi or cellular signal
The UK roll out of the Galaxy S3 Premium Suite upgrade begins today.
All functionality, features, specifications and other product information provided in this document including, but not limited to, the benefits, design, pricing, components, performance, availability, and capabilities of the product are subject to change without notice or obligation.
Android, Google, Android Beam, Google Search, Google Maps, Gmail, Google Latitude, Google Play Store, Google Play Books, Google Play Movies, Google Plus, YouTube, Google Talk, Google Places, Google Navigation, Google Downloads are trademarks of Google Inc.